With fiber-optic Internet you’re getting the latest in cutting edge technology. Fiber-optics transmits data over very small flexible strands of glass that transmit light allowing data to be sent faster over greater distances.
Unlike cable each fiber-optic subscriber receives their own dedicated line, which enables more consistent speed.
Fiber-optics is considered more reliable and is immune to many of the conditions that other connections are not.
- The private network makes it harder to hack
- Can withstand more temperature fluctuations
- Can be submerged in water
- No electricity is used in the fiber-optic lines
- Not easily affected by environmental conditions like storms or electrical interference
- Reduced the risk of fire